Verónica Toro is a senior associate and a chemical engineer. Her practice is directed to the preparation and drafting of patent applications and her field of expertise focuses on the areas of the pulp, paper and textile industry. She also collaborates in chemical, agrochemical and pharmaceutical areas, both nationally and internationally. In addition, she collaborates in the preparation of prior art search reports, patent drafting, F.T.O. reports, analysis, responses to patentability objections, and technological surveillance.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Prior art search reports.
- Patent Protection Strategies on Invention Patents, Utility Models.
- Patent Drafting, FTO reports, Comparative Analysis.
- Technological surveillance.
- AGPPI (Gremial Association of Experts of Industrial Property).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Sciences, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, graduated in 1998.
- Textile Engineering, Universidad de Santiago de Chile, graduated in 2010.
- “Fundamentals of Patent Drafting”, WIPO.
- “Introduction to Patents”, INAPI.
- “Trademarks”, INAPI.
- “Copyright”, WIPO.
- “General Course on Intellectual Property”. WIPO.
- December 2010 – March 2011: INTECH Project. (Textile Institute of Chile), “Study of support for textiles in Chile, Spain and Italy”.
- June 2010 – April 2011: USACH-GORE-INNOVO CHILE Project. “Innovation in SMEs in the Chemical-Textile area. Reconversion and State Support” .
- September 2009 – March 2014: Technology Watch as an independent professional.
- April 2014 – February 2022: Patent Examiner at the Chilean Patent Office (INAPI) Chemical area.