Founding partner of the firm, attorney at law expert in protection strategies regarding Industrial Property and Copyright. Specialist in industrial property litigation related to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, tissue paper, food, retail, and telecommunications areas, both in Chile and Latin America.
- Industrial Property and Copyright Protection Strategies.
- Litigation in Industrial Property, Copyrights and Unfair Competition.
- Due Diligence.
- Contracts of Industrial Property and Copyright.
- Industrial Property, Life Science.
- ACHIPI (Chilean Intellectual Property Association).
- ASIPI (Inter-American Industrial Property Association).
- INTA (International Trademark Association).
- AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association).
- IPO (Intellectual Property Owners).
- J.D., Universidad de los Andes School of Law, Santiago, Chile. Graduated in 2000.
- Diploma in Intellectual Property (IPSI), Franklin Pierce Law Center (University of New Hampshire), Concord, N.H., United States, 2003.
- Master of Laws LLM (c) UC Berkeley School of Law, Berkeley, California, USA, 2010.
- 2010, Founder of Covarrubias.
- 2000 – 2010, Associate and subsequent Partner of the “Silva y Cía”.
- 2006 and 2011, Professor of the Chair of Intellectual Property in the LLM Executive program of the “Universidad del Desarrollo”.
- 2013 – 2015, Co-Chairman of the Latin America Sub Committee of the AIPLA (American Intellectual Property Law Association).
- 2014 – 2016, Chairman of the Board of The Association of Biotechnology Companies of Chile AG (ASEMBIO).
- 2016, member of the Enforcement Committee of the INTA (International Trademark Association).