On May 8th, the National Institute of Industrial Property (INAPI) reconsidered its fundamental objections against the application of the trademark GENESIS based on the existence of other “GENESIS” marks in class 7, and accepted to grant registration of the trademark applied for by Hyundai Motor Company, thanks to the defense prepared by Covarrubias & Cía.
- Sofia Covarrubias commented for World Trademark Review in “We are not sure that the time is right: professionals are questioning Chile’s decision to approve the Madrid Protocol”.
- Use of Ivermectin in COVID-19
- Why is it important to register a trademark before offering products on social media?
- Expiration or Cancellation for Non-Use of Marks: A wait that has taken more than seven years
- Partner Arturo Covarrubias was an invited speaker at the conference “International Trademark Protection for US Trademark Owners in Chile